JBL Tune 500BT
Hello/ Greetings To Everyone, So Today I am going to put my true points on JBL Tune 500BT Review.
One of the most popular audio headphone brands is JBL. At the same time, the manufacturer produces various models for the consumer. JBL Tune 500BT became one of the wireless models from the company. However, they gained popularity as headphones for working with mobile devices. The company has occupied all the niches in the market and wireless headphones are one of the many gadgets that JBL produces.
Note:- As amazon associate I earn commission for every successful sale from my affiliate link.
The powerful sound of JBL Tune 500bt wireless headphones is available thanks to proprietary playback technology and original speakers. The gadget syncs with most devices in a second. The equipment is comfortable to wear, compact – takes up little space during storage and carrying. The 500bt package comes in four different colors. In this review, we will present a description of a popular device, indicating the functionality, advantages and disadvantages.
Specifications & equipment
JBL Tune 500BT Features:
- Form Factor: Overhead, Wireless
- Emitter type: dynamic
- Weight: 155g;
- Battery capacity: 300 mAh;
- Battery life: up to 16 hours;
- Charging time: 2 h;
- Charging for 5 minutes gives 1 hour of operation;
- Profile support: A2DP, AVRCP, Hands free, Headset;
- Resistance: 32 Ohm;
- Frequency range: 20-20000 Hz;
- Charging connector: microUSB;
- Bluetooth 4.1;
- Radius of action: 10 meters;
- Button control;
- Price: 35 $.
Brief pros and cons :
- Good bass sound for your money ($ 35).
- Bluetooth connection quality.
- Comfortable fit.
- Ability to work with two devices simultaneously.
- The material of the ear cushions is not durable.
- Narrow sound directivity.
- Poor sound insulation.
- Headphones with microphone JBL Tune 500BT.
- USB-microUSB cable.
Appearance and build quality
JBL Tune 500BT wireless headphones have a standard package for this price segment:headphones, a charging cable (microUSB, sorry there is no Type-C) and documents. But the box looks very attractive, JBL is always doing well in this respect.
JBL Tune 500BT have a signature recognizable design . The headphones look interesting, the buyer has a lot of colors to choose from (black, blue, pink and white). The materials are not very expensive: plastic and a kind of leatherette, which is discussed separately below.
Comfort and control: JBL Tune 500BT Review
JBL Tune 500BT headphones have a comfortable fit for their form factor . They can listen to music without interruption for more than a couple of hours.
This is largely achieved due to the very soft ear cushions upholstered in thin leatherette. This material in JBL Tune 500BT is the most vulnerable part. It becomes unusable very quickly: it is rubbed, “stays on the ears”, cracks.
It is interesting that on the official website the material of the ear pads is called “Frog skin” (it is hardly connected with the slang name of the dollar 😉, rather, literally, frog skin). It looks like JBL in this model has made a compromise in terms of durability in order to increase comfort. Controversial decision.
JBL Tune 500BT Bluetooth headphones have a foldable design , they can be conveniently carried in a bag / backpack. Unfortunately, the case was not included in the kit, however, it is strange to expect this, given the price of the product.
The JBL Tune 500BT headphones with microphone have push-button control.
- +/- volume, track navigation;
- Multifunctional key: start / pause, receive / hang up a call; call a voice assistant;
- Power key, also responsible for pairing with the source.
Management is quite convenient and intuitive. Simple, no sensory tricks, old school. 😀
Functions: JBL Tune 500BT Review
The functionality of the Jbl Tune 500bt headphones is not extensive. There is a minimum number of control buttons on one bowl, but there are enough of them in order not to resort to the help of a third-party device to perform elementary functions. On the right bowl are located:
- on and off button (it also allows you to connect via Bluetooth to other devices);
- panel for switching volume, tracks;
- multifunctional key for playing, turning off music, as well as for receiving, rejecting a call.
buttons themselves are mechanical, protruding, which simplifies “blind” control.
When charging, there are problems with convenience – it is impossible to charge and use the Jbl 500bt at the same time, since the connector is located under the bow, which forces the bowls to be folded.
But the battery life of Jbl Tune is sufficient – 16 hours in average use. When actively listening to music, the 500bt Tune lasts 2 times less, but this does not interfere at all. This autonomy is sufficient for wireless headphones.
Communication and connection
The 500bt can be connected exclusively via Bluetooth 4.1, there is no cable connection, since there is no standard 3.5 mm micro jack.
T500BT without high-definition codecs, however, keep the wireless connection well within the declared radius of 10 m. However, a stable connection is maintained only in open space. If there are walls or other obstructions, the connection distance is reduced.
Possibly connects to two devices simultaneously.
You can connect Tune 500bt by holding the button on one of the bowls, as well as by selecting the appropriate Jbl on your smartphone after turning on the headphones. The connection is fast. Repeated connections to the same smartphone or laptop are not required. Enough included bluetooth for automatic pairing of two devices.
Tune 500bt headphones support profiles:
- Hands free;
This is enough for standard, stable model operation.
Microphone : JBL Tune 500BT Review
Microphone is mediocre. It is possible to use the Tune 500bt as a headset, but it does not guarantee good voice quality, which may cause the interlocutor to hear the user poorly.
In noisy, crowded places, the JBL tune 500BT strongly “catches” extraneous noise, due to which it is uncomfortable to talk with the help of headphones, in crowded places.
It is worth noting that 500bt supports voice assistants – Siri, Google Now. Again, it is better to use such additions in those places where the voice will be clearly picked up by the microphone.
Battery life and sound insulation
JBL Tune 500BT have not a record, but not bad, for the form factor of on-ear headphones, autonomy of 16 hours . Real tests confirm these figures: at an average volume, the headphones “live” up to 16, or even up to 18 hours from a single charge .. It should be enough for several days of quiet use.
It takes 2 hours to fully charge the JBL Tune 500BT battery . There is a fast charging function: in 5 minutes you can charge up to 1 hour of playing.
The noise isolation of the JBL Tune 500BT is sufficient so that the sounds of the street as a whole do not distract from the music . But the noise of the road can be heard, which is not bad. If you increase the volume, you can drown out almost everything and ride the subway. But in this case, the headphones noticeably play outward, which can be unpleasant for others.
Sound quality: JBL Tune 500BT Review
JBL Tune 500BT have a recognizable powerful bass signature sound . These are headphones for real bassheads. You won’t be able to listen to jazz or classics with pleasure with these headphones. However, I don’t think anyone tried too hard 🙂
- Low frequencies (LF) . Strongly accented. But at the same time, unlike many similar models, the study of low frequencies is present here. That is, the bass is not just “smeared” and “gurgling”, but there is a certain articulation.
- Medium frequencies (MF) . Pushed behind the bass.
- High frequencies (HF) . Smoothed, not sawn, not bright.
- Scene . Narrow (no wider than the head). Without elaboration of depth and layering.
- Detail and naturalness . It is better not to listen to live instruments. Although the voices sound more or less natural. Detail at the level of analogs: something is lost behind the bass, but not quite a mess.
- Musical genres . Best of all JBL Tune 500BT show itself on modern electronic popular music. There is a drive, low frequencies dominate, the top is not cut. It is the synthetic bass that the headphones do better, it “rocks”.
- Applications (music, games, movies) . It is best not to try to make this model universal. Music – yes, the rest – perhaps not. 😉
The 500bt wireless headphones are a pleasant and reliable device that you can take on the road and not be afraid of damage to the case. Even a child can handle the control system. The gadget will delight the owner of the house and on a walk thanks to its smooth and reliable fixation. The purchase of the Tune 500bt headphones will be welcome for everyone who is a fan of “heavy” music. Proprietary bass processing brings new sound quality.
- high-quality sound (especially bass);
- stable connection with the device;
- lightweight construction;
- comfortable “sit”;
- short charging cord;
- soft inserts are wiped with frequent use;
- use as a headset (weak microphone);
- problems with an incoming call (they do not always play a sound);
- no wire connection.