Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro Review 2021
Today I decided to write a review of the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro – excellent wireless headphones with one of the best sounds ever. So Let’s Do Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro Review. Unsurprisingly, Anker, the company you probably associate with batteries, is now one of the best headphone manufacturers around.
In the past few years, the company has been working on new products such as the Liberty Air 2 TWS wireless earbuds . In the new Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro wireless headphones, the company decided to demonstrate all its power and roll out truly top-end headphones.
Equipment and characteristics
- Headphones Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro
- Charging case
- Silicone ear pads 4 pairs
- Ear wings 2 pairs
- USB-C charging
Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro specifications
|A type||In-ear headphones|
|Mount type||without fastening|
|Number of microphones||4|
|Connection type||Bluetooth 5.0|
|Profile support||aptX, AAC, Handsfree, A2DP, Headset, AVRCP|
|Working hours||8 h|
|Working time from case||32 h|
|Charging input||USB type-C|
Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro
I know you can’t judge a book by its cover, but first impressions matter. Especially when it comes to TWS wireless earbuds. The first thing I always look at is the charging case, and luckily the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro makes a good first impression. But it has a rather odd shape about the size of two AirPods cases, but you won’t notice the case when you open it. During this review of the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, I noticed that the case is made of soft plastic that looks like a fingerprint magnet. But this is far from the case!
The earbuds themselves are held in place by a magnet. This is a great advantage, since, for example, in the dark it is not so easy to get into the connector the first time. You can simply drop the earbud near its place in the case and it will simply snap into place. When reviewing the Anker Soundcore, the Liberty 2 Pro held up perfectly in my ears, whether I was walking or just sitting at the computer. And by the way, you will definitely need to take the time to find out which ear pads are right for you. This will have a huge impact on the sound of the music.
If you’re a sports fan, you’ll be glad to know that the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro wireless earbuds can be taken to the gym. The gadget has received an IPX4 water resistance rating, meaning they are sweat-resistant, but not completely waterproof.
The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro has a custom balanced armature and an 11mm driver – this suggests one is nested in the middle of the other. This engineering solution allowed Anker to save space in the liner body.
However, they remain quite bulky in the ears, although not the same as, for example, the Bose Soundsport Free. While the inner part of the earbuds fits well in the ear, the outer part, which houses all the technical elements, protrudes from the side and is very visible. The control buttons are located at the top of each earbud and are pleasant to the touch.
To be honest, during my review, I was really impressed with the overall build quality. TWS Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro are made mostly of plastic, but the headset doesn’t look cheap and the sliding charging case cover is my favorite design in wireless headphones.
If you’ve been looking for stylish wireless headphones, the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro is clearly not the case. The gadget is not like AirPods, but more like the minimalistic Sony WF-1000XM3 or XB-700 Extra Bass . The headset is suitable for any purpose: for a gym , walking, travel and travel. So, in terms of versatility, everyone’s needs will be met!
Features Of Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro
I really liked the case, it looks like a pebble: smooth, velvety plastic – but not too velvety. It is unlikely that some terrible traces of use will appear over time. The cover slides up neatly, the headphones adhere deftly into the grooves. Three indicator lights will indicate the battery situation. There is a button on the back to check the battery charge. I don’t think it was worth making a USB Type-C plug, and it would be nice without it.
There is a button on each earphone, the actions are identical: control of playback, calls, turning on and off. To reset, you need to press and hold the button on the case for ten seconds, the same button is responsible for activating the pairing mode.
The size of the headphones is not accidental: this is one of the few models that uses both a dynamic and an armature driver. The dynamic driver provides bass, the armature is responsible for the mids and highs. A little later I’ll tell you what kind of music you get. It is very important to try different earpieces and to position each earbud correctly so that it faces the ear canal and not to the side.
The headphones use a Qualcomm chip, aptX is supported, some sources mention AAC support, but I did not find confirmation on the official website. Paired with an iPhone, the headphones work without problems, if after updating Soundcore your left ear did not automatically connect, press and hold the button, then everything happened without problems.
There are lights on each cup, looks beautiful. But if you are not a fan of special effects, then it is better to think in advance whether such a device will suit you.
The earbuds are quite large, but somehow very clever and easy to sit, no problems with placement, you can put a larger or smaller clip. As you can see, you can also remove the standard silicone tip – don’t forget to try different tip sizes. It’s great that the dimensions are indicated on the accessories, this is a big plus.
It claims 8 hours of work, you can charge the headphones three times using the case. Supports fast charging, in 10 minutes you can get 120 minutes of listening. There is also wireless charging – I put the headphones on the mat, charged them, took the fully charged ones in the evening. Let me remind you that USB Type-C is also very good.
The program is called SoundCore, but I want to note a rather strange localization, there are translation errors. Immediately after installation, the program offered to update the headphone software, a 39 MB file was downloaded from the network, then it was transferred to Soundcore for about fifteen minutes. This is, of course, the most important function of the program. The second most important feature – you can assign additional actions for double-clicking on the left / right earphone and actions when holding the buttons for one second. Thus, you can control the volume or call the voice assistant.
Well, the last function is an equalizer. There are presets of the producers who have received the Grammy award, ten people are announced in total, but so far there are options for settings from six (they say that the seventh preset has appeared). Marketing as it is, no doubt about it. I did not notice any significant changes in the sound from equalizer to equalizer.
There are already four microphones installed here, and colleagues note that it is very cool to talk to me: you can hear it clearly, the voice is natural, with characteristic notes. In the office there are no problems at all, on the street, of course, the wind interferes (do not forget, these are TWS headphones). If you will be in quarantine and take care of headphones with good speech quality, here is a solution for you.
I listened to the headphones with the iPhone 11 Pro Max and together with the Samsung Note10 Plus. I wanted to understand if there is any difference in sound with and without aptX device. So, there is no difference.
Second thought: alas, even two drivers do not rid the listener of the sand. You will understand what I am talking about if you listen to this device – as if the drivers do not give us a little information. I tried to listen to both tracks in Music, and in TIDAL, and FLAC files uploaded to the VOX iOS player. That’s a little bit lacking in volume. There is hope that warming up will help, but the situation has not changed after a week of use.
On the other hand, a colleague listened to the headphones paired with the Note10, and he liked everything. I always say: in the world of audio, there is only your opinion. Go and try the headphones yourself, maybe they didn’t suit me for electronics, but they will suit you for the classics. Anything can happen. But this is definitely not a one-size-fits-all solution.
Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro: who will like it?
- The headphones will definitely appeal to those who appreciate high-quality sound and want to customize it for themselves. While the list of EQ settings is small, there are several options for creating a great TWS Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro sound. And you can save your personal settings and use them if necessary.
- If you are on a tight budget. The $ 150 price tag isn’t all that cheap, but significantly lower than the AirPods Pro or Sony WF-1000XM3 that dominate the wireless headphone market right now.
Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro manual
Information was taken from the official Anker website .
Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro: how to connect?
When reviewing the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, there were no problems with connection – everything is very simple!
- Place the earbuds in the charging case and close the lid to disconnect the headphones.
- Then open the cover, but do not remove the earbuds. There should be a white blinking LED which means you can connect to the headphones in the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
- Once paired with the right earbud, it will pair with the left, and then you can take the Liberty 2 Pro out of the case and use.
From now on, Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro will automatically connect to your smartphone or computer as soon as you take them out of the case, which is very convenient. To turn off automatically, just return the headphones back to the case. Although I have had a few cases where the earbuds still played sound while in the case.
You can also easily connect multiple devices to the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro.
- First you need to put both earbuds in the charging case and close the lid.
- After the headphones turn off, open the cover, but do not remove the headset.
- Hold down the button on the back of the case next to USB-C until the LED on the right earbud starts flashing white quickly. This means the earbuds are in pairing mode.
- It is now easy to find the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro in the second device’s Bluetooth settings and connect as usual.
I have had no problem using them on both my computer and my iPhone 11 Pro. I will only note that switching between them was not easy and you had to go to the Bluetooth settings on both devices.
Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro functionality
The Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro wireless headphones can be adjusted directly in the settings. Let’s take a look at all the specs and Bluetooth 5.0 connection. In addition, the gadget also has AAC and aptX, so when watching videos on your phone or tablet, you shouldn’t have any audio sync issues.
Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro control
As far as playback controls are concerned, each earbud only has one button, but the controls are pretty obvious and intuitive.
Where can I download the Soundcore app?
Before using the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro headphones, make sure the latest headphone firmware is installed. Download the Soundcore app to use HearID, customize the UI and EQ, and update the firmware.
- HearID: detects the sensitivity of your hearing in different frequency bands and analyzes the results. The function adjusts the equalizer and creates a personalized sound profile for you.
- Customizing the user interface: In stereo mode, all controls can be customized in the app; in mono mode, the controls are fixed.
- Equalizer settings: There are over 20 equalizer settings in the app so you can get the most out of different styles of music.
- Headphone firmware update: The headphone firmware can be updated in the APP. You will be informed when a new firmware version is released when a new version is detected when you connect your headphones to the app.
Results of the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro review?
I definitely recommend the headphones to buy if you only need TWS. Sweat resistance, sound quality, and ease of use make them an excellent choice, even though they are large (very subjective). The charging case is comfortable to use, and while it’s a bit bigger than we’d like it to be, the sliding mechanism makes it one of my favorites to date. The connection is stable with no minimal gaps or stuttering. And the price tag makes them competitive.
There are options that are cheaper, they don’t sound as good as the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro. Basically, if you want a pair of true wireless headphones for everyday listening, they are definitely worth considering for a purchase. The Liberty 2 Pro definitely impressed me.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ )
So You might have some questions regarding the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro which i m going to discuss now , if i missed out with any questions do tell me in the comment section I will answer for sure.
Can Liberty 2 Pro connect to multiple devices at the same time?
Yes, but only if two headphones are connected separately:
- Connect the right earbud to the first device.
- Place the left back into the charging case and close the lid.
- Slide off the case cover, long press the button on the back of the case until the LED light starts flashing white quickly.
- Connect the left earbud to another device.
What if the earbuds are charging in the case or won’t turn on when I take them out of the charging case?
- When connecting to a mobile device for the first time, a pop-up window appears to confirm pairing. Select “Connect”.
- Place the earbuds back into the charging case and close it. Slide the housing cover and the headset will automatically power on and connect before plugging into the last paired device.
- If they don’t connect, try resetting the settings. See How do I reset Liberty 2 Pro devices?
- Erase the pairing history on your device, turn off Bluetooth and turn it on again to pair with the headphones.
- Try pairing them with another device.
What if Liberty 2 Pro turns off?
- Reset the settings. See How do I reset Liberty 2 Pro devices?
- Close applications running in the background.
Why does the Liberty 2 Pro connect to my smartphone when in the charging case?
- The Liberty 2 Pro will only disconnect from your device if the charging case is completely closed. When the case is open, they will appear in the Bluetooth menu of your device.
- The button will not work when the headphones are charged in the case.
- If they still connect to your device after the charging case cover is closed, make sure the earbuds are in the correct position and clean the contact pins.
Why does the Liberty 2 Pro connect to my smartphone when in the charging case?
- Make sure both earbuds have a blinking white light when they turn on.
- If you don’t see a flashing white light on both earbuds, see How do I reset the Liberty 2 Pro?
How do I reset Liberty 2 Pro devices?
Place the earbuds back into the charging case and keep it open, press and hold the button on the back of the case for 10 seconds until both earphone LEDs flash red 3 times. This will clear the pairing information and restart them automatically.
Does the case support wireless charging?
Yes, the Liberty 2 Pro case can be charged using Qi-certified wireless chargers.
How many times can the charging case recharge the headphones?
The case can fully charge the earbuds up to 3 times when fully charged.
How long does it take to fully charge the case?
A full charge takes up to 2 hours.
How long does it take to fully charge the Liberty 2 Pro?
100% charging takes up to 1.5 hours.
Why doesn’t the wireless charging pad work with the Liberty 2 Pro?
- Make sure your wireless charging pad is Qi certified.
- The most effective wireless charging area is in the center of the bottom of the case. Make sure this area is lined up with the charging pad.
How do I clean Liberty 2 Pro?
- clean the contact pins with a clean cloth dampened with alcohol disinfectant. Place a cloth over the end of a toothpick for precise cleaning;
- clean the metal filter with a dry cotton swab. Remove all debris from the metal filter with a clean, dry soft bristle brush;
- do not use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean the Liberty 2 Pro;
- do not allow water to enter.
What is the IP Liberty 2 Pro rating?
The Liberty 2 Pro comes with IPX4, which can resist sweat and little moisture. In order to protect the electronics inside and ensure the best sound quality, we advise you to wipe off sweat after use and do not use in wet conditions.
Does Liberty 2 Pro support active noise cancellation (ANC)?
How do I adjust the volume of the Liberty 2 Pro using headphones?
- Go to Apple Appstore or Google Play to download the Soundcore app.
- Pair your device with Liberty 2 Pro.
- Open the Soundcore app to connect to your Liberty 2 Pro.
- Click on the Custom Command button in the lower right corner to go to the Custom Command page.
- Adjust the parameters according to your preference; select double-click or hold for 1 second to control volume up / down and then use settings to adjust volume.
How do headphones switch from master to slave?
- the right earpiece is the default primary and the left is the slave;
- while listening to music, if you turn off the right earbud by placing it in the charging case and closing it or holding down the button on the right side for 5 seconds, the left earbud will automatically become the main one;
- If you only want to use the left earbud when making calls, you can turn off the right earbud, or hold the button on the left side for 1 second to make the left earbud the main one while the right side is on.
So lastly, The Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro is comfortable to wear.
The sound raises questions, I would not recommend buying headphones without first listening. Try and appreciate the attachments at the same time.
There are a lot of competitors in the TWS world now, the format of the headphones reminded me of Bose SoundSport Free, they have been on the market for a long time, they work half as much. But I have no questions about the Bose sound – this model can definitely be recommended to absolutely everyone. With Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro, alas, they were too smart: fans of complex acoustic structures will certainly achieve nirvana with the help of equalizers, but how many people like that are there? I would advise the company to focus on TWS with common dynamic drivers: first set up such a model for the average user, then move on to complex devices.
- High quality sound
- Adequate price
- AptX and AAC support
- Qi Wireless Charging Case
- USB Type-C connector
- Waterproof IPX4
- HearIQ Custom EQ
- Battery life
- Excessively powerful bass
- By design, the headphones stick out from the ears
- The volume can be controlled either by the knobs or by the voice assistant, but not simultaneously
- Multichannel connection